Friday 30 November 2012

1.1 Ten Thousand Years Will Give You Such A Crick In The Back...


"So, are you a showgirl?" the cab driver asks.  Scheherazade can see his eyebrow lifting curiously as he glances back at her in the mirror.
"No!" she exclaims with a burst of laughter.
"I, uh, hope I didn't offend you, Miss.  But with that get up that you're wearing... if you aren't a showgirl.. what ARE you planning on doing in this town?"
Scheherazade looks down at herself, "There's something wrong with my clothes?  Sorry, I might not be on top of fashion these days.  I'm fresh out of the lamp.  And after so long being tied down to what other people want, I want to create a life for myself.  Have stories of my own!  There is something so wonderful about the mundane - you really have no idea how lucky you are."
"Lamp?  Are you sure you don't want me to take you to the hospital?" Scheherazade misses the disbelief in his voice.
"Whatever for?  I want to get started on a life that's full of excitement.  You ever seen that film about the guy who makes drinks?  For other people?  He does fancy tricks throwing bottles around and stuff?  I want to do that!"
"You want to be an actress?  Well, Starlight Shores sure is the right place for that."
"No, silly!  Be a Mixologist!  I want to be the most famous Mixologist ever.  My days of obscurity are over, I am going to become well-known - for serving drinks!"
Scheherazade doesn't notice the stunned silence for the rest of the trip to her new home, she is too busy taking in the sights of the city.



   
Walking up the steps to her small and humble abode, Scheherazade stops and stretches to appreciate her freedom.  Finally... no more servitude.  A life of her own.  What more could a girl want?




Except perhaps a bar and some knowledge about what to do to make these "drinks".
"How... how do I do this?"




"You put the coconut in the lime... no... Damn... I'll get this right... I will."




"YUCK!  Or, maybe I won't.  Oh the smell - I need to get out of here..."
(And the photographer needs to to remember to put the walls back up)
"Yes, you do."
(Wait, what?)
"Genie.  We can break the fourth wall.  But for now - I need to go out and meet some people. And get this smell out my nose."




One short cab ride later (and another cab driver stunned into silence by the talkative Scheherazade) and Scheherazade's nose has picked up the most wonderful scent... hotdogs.




"Oh great Sim-ess. Why have people put all of this delicious food in front of me? For free?"
Uh. It's a hotdog eating contest.  You stuff your face to win prizes.
"I eat my favourite food... and win stuff?"
Yes.




"GRAWFLE-NOM-RAH-NOM-MRNHHH"
While other contestants may have preferred the lady like approach, Scheherazade was not afraid to give it her all.  (Lovely, that's real ladylike.  Classy.).
"HIM-HWINHING-HAAAAAANT-HI!"




BURP "Who is the genie? I am.  Why thank you very much."
Indeed, Scheherazade won the contest.




And the next one.  And looked like she could keep going all evening.




Of course... some contestants seemed less interested in eating the hotdogs.
"Hmmmmm.... braiiiiiiiins," came the throaty groan from behind Scheherazade.
"THAT'S what they put in these?  GROSS!  I'm going home"




"It was so much fun today, Sim-ess, and... uh... what... who is this sneaking around my house?




"I'm in Starlight Shores... It's probably just some kind of publicity stunt.  I think it's time for bed."
It is probably for the best Scheherazade, probably for the best.


------
Generation One: Revealed
Family Structure: ?
Number of children: ?
Primary Income: Mixologist
Secondary Income(s): ?
Generation Goal: ?
Miscellaneous Fun: ?

------
Random Bonus Shot:

I just love "Ensorcel Sim" for the animation.  I don't do anything with them, but the way it makes Scheherazade look all imperious is hilarious.  Especially when she is caught in the bushes and it appears she is looking at a baby with ill-intent.



11 comments:

  1. Great start! Your legacy looks like it will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You and the other long timer Random Legacy players and bloggers are definitely an inspiration to get started.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, a genie legacy, this looks like it's going to be interesting. I like your style, it's a lot of fun! Also, I love the way you've hid the random legacy rolls, I might steal that for my next gen (I'm Miss Puff on MTS, btw). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Puff! Steal away. I just thought that I want to keep some things a surprise for a short while at least.

      Delete
  3. can't wait to see how a genie legacy turns out, who has powers further down the line etc :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I also seem to have a crazy number of supernaturals in the town, so its quite possible that something else may push out the genie-ness of the bloodline.

      Delete
  4. Hi skylark, I'm just now reading your legacy. I had a ton of older ones I had to catch up first. I actually keep a reading list, in order, to try and keep up on but I'm usually up to a week behind on them haha!

    I really like your founder. I'm going to call her Sche for short because I cannot spell the whole thing very well!

    I made a genie for play fun once, before Supernaturals came out you had to use a mod to turn a regular sim into a genie. I really thought they'd have a lot more powers, but the instant cleaning, instant perfect food and ensorcel ability are pretty powerful, I have to admit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feek free to shorten her name, I tend to call her Shera when I am playing her.

      They don't seem powerful at first, but those abilities are HUGE timesavers. Which is why she must hate that I don't allow her to summon food. She *HAS* to cook it.

      Delete
  5. Finally! I've had your blog on my list of blogs to read since you started, and now I finally have time. Great start. I love your founder. She has such a fun personality. And a terribly long name.

    Also also....chapter title. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Feel free to shorten it in your head - it is just a reference to Arabian Nights.

      I take it you got the Aladdin reference then? ;)

      Delete
  6. I love this! What an interesting beginning to your Legacy! I can't wait to get to know Scheherazade better. She seems like a hoot!

    ReplyDelete