Saturday 1 December 2012

1.2. Making Friends And Meeting People


"New in town.  Nobody knows me.  And I can't find anywhere that'll let me work for them.  That's just... great." Scheherazade mused to herself.  "Maybe, if I take care of meeting some people, I'll be able to find a job.  That makes sense right?  This is the kind of town where doors open once people know you... I should head out and meet some people.  Today is going to be... magic.  I can just feel it."


Scheherazade caught a cab into town and started walking around.  It wasn't long before someone approached her.

"Heyyyyy!  You wouldn't by any chance know where the lost diamond of Emperor Alfarou is?" wheedles a blonde woman in a white dress before Scheherazade can notice the man in the long duster and runners coming up towards her.

"No.  I'm afraid I don't?  But I am looking for people who know more about this town that I do.  Are you a local?"
"Why?" questioned the blonde.  What's in it for me?


The man stopped short behind the two nattering women.  That girl with the purple hair, she had been intriguing... but now she was speaking with Lash.  He would never stand a chance.  Lash would see to that.  But he had to try.

"Excuse me, Miss.  I hate to interrupt your conversation.  Are you new in town?"


"Yes, I am!  Say, is this "the strip"?  You know, where all the famous people and places are?"
Scheherazade was completely oblivious to Lash, now behind her.

"Sure is.  Some places are so exclusive, you need special invitations or tickets to get in."

But Lash was not about to let anybody spoil her fun.  


"Hey!  You;re a genie, aren't you!" she exclaimed.
"Yes, how did you know?"
"Cos I'm one too! How long have you been out of the lamp?"
"Not long at all.  I've only just gotten to town."
Lash worked fast, before Harry could interfere again.
"Well, I know the most amazing place.  But we have got to go to my place first so that I can get you all dolled up." 


Scheherazade could not believe her luck!  Meeting a fellow genie!  And one kind enough to give her a helping hand.



Soon, Scheherazade was at Lash's mansion.  Lash had pulled out a gorgeous dress, perfect for Scheherazade.

  
"Lash, I... I don't know how to thank you.  This is gorgeous.  And you're really going to help me get a job?"
"Yes, I need a slave after all, don't I?"


"That's not a funny joke."
"It's not a joke."


Lash cackled, "My previous mistress kept me in a dusty old lamp for years and never cleaned it!  But the tables have turned!  Oh yes... and now I shall have a slave of my very own! Muahahahha!"
"Maybe," Scheherazade thought, "I should make like a tree... and leaf before she notices."
(Really, THIS is a time to pun?)
Scheherazade quickly excused herself to get changed out of the dress and climbed out of the bathroom window to make a speedy escape.
"Sim-ess, that genie was NUTS!"
Sometimes, too many years alone will do that to a Sim, Scheherazade.


Sheherazade was paying too much attention behind her to look where she was going and suddenly found herself falling backwards as something pelted into her.


"Oooof!" She crumpled over her.  Her hands which had instinctively curled towards her stomach came away wet... and cold.  "What... what happened?" Scheherazade tried to figure out what was happening, relieved to see that whatever it was, at least it wasn't red.  She pulled herself up and saw the most odd, winged person in front of her.


The scarlet haired fairy raised her hands up.  "Ooops.  Looks like I gotcha by accident.  I was trying to pelt my husband with a water balloon.... you ran in front of me."


The fairy came to help Scheherazade up as a much finer looking fae man in a suit walked up to them.  "What have you done this time, my dearest?" he sighed at the scarlet haired fairy.
" I was trying to get YOU, my darling.  But my aim was off."
Scheherazade was stunned.  She had heard of fairies, but had never seen any before.  
The red head turned to her again. "You can call me, Aeobhell and this is my husband, Marcus.  I'm sorry about the mishap.  Allow me to give you some fairy dust.  It should bring you luck and will hopefully help make up for my mistake."


"Thank you.  Hopefully it will help me get a job!" Scheherazade gratefully caught the fairy's gift.
"Hmmm, it normally brings luck in other areas.  But what job are you looking for?"
"I'm a mixologist.  But work seems to be pretty slim at the moment."
Aeobhell grinned.  "Perhaps you'll have an opportunity to work soon.  But it is getting late and Marcus and I can't leave the children alone with the babysitter all night.  Best of luck to you."
"And to you!  Thank you!"

After her long day of "trying to make connections" Scheherazade was exhausted.  She soon collapsed into a deep sleep - but was woken in the middle of the night by strange sounds in her living room.


"Holy Simoly!  Sim-ess!  There's an alien in my living room!"
It would appear so.  Maybe you should offer it one of those drinks?
" I got such a fright, I sparkled myself!  What- What do you want?! That wasn't a publicity stunt last night was it?"
The alien turned to look at her.  And then threw over a pillow.

Soon a full-fledged battle was being waged...


At first the alien had the upper hand.


But Scheherazade rallied and soon...


... began to enjoy herself.

Eventually the alien capitulated.  Taking a deep bow it said, "You may now go and epak with my colleague.  She waits for you outside."


"A mad genie.  Kind fairies and now aliens.  How much weirder could my evening possibly get?" murmured Scheherazade as she walked out into the rain.


The alien stood in a halo of light, beside the local dumpster.
"What's going on?  What was that pillow fight about?"
The alien whispered back, "It was a test.  But it seems we have come too soon.  We are at the beginning of the stories."
"The beginning of the stories?"
" I wish I could tell you more.  But it might influence the time stream.  We came back a little too soon."


"I'm tired.  It;s almost dawn.  Can't you just level with me?"
"Have you not noticed the strange events that occur around you?  You live in interesting times.  That is not for no reason."


"Wait - you know about my future?"
"I know of your legacy. It won't be much of a legacy if you don't learn to pay attention to what is around you.  Look to your right, Scheherazade."


  "Cute zombie!  do I get with the cute zombie?"
"...No.  But such strange instances and strange creatures and people are drawn to you.  You are named for the teller of the tales."
With a flick of her hands, Scheherazade banished the zombie.  "Actually, she took her name from me.  Where do you think she got all those stories from - I got very bored in that lamp!"
 "The moon sets, teller of tales.  You should be at home."


"I do!  I need to look for work in the morning!"

The alien stands and watches her run home.

"Good luck, Tale Teller.  We will be watching you and your children, and your children's children... until the time is right."

------
Generation One: Revealed
Family Structure: ?
Number of children: ?
Primary Income: Mixologist
Secondary Income(s): ?
Generation Goal: ?
Miscellaneous Fun: ?

------
Random Bonus Shot:


Cutest Sim Couple in my game, ever - and I am not even playing them.

5 comments:

  1. Scheherazade is fun to watch. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Personally, I love the facial expressions she comes up with. It makes it so much more fun to watch their antics when they're being expressive.

      Delete
  2. She does have some funny facial expressions! I'm glad she does not look like a lot of other sims and you kept an odd color for her skin, that's much more fun as a genie I think. Her innocent energy and zest for life now that she's free from her lamp is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Sche. She's so cute. She certainly knows how to get up to some crazy antics. I wonder what the aliens meant... Certainly got me intrigued now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How you made Scheherezade make connections was fantastic! A magnet for the unusual! Fun chapter!

    ReplyDelete